I did a Webinar for Brighttalk today entitled, “How Data Storytelling Can Enhance the Way You Communicate“
There were lots of resources and links I mentioned in the post. Here they are:
- The Brain: The Story of You by David Eagelman: excellent book and PBS series
- 127 Hours – the amazing story of Aaron Ralston. If you really want to see the particular moment he cuts his arm off, it’s here. Warning: it’s not nice.
- The full text of the Pope’s Encyclical on Climate Change is here. Time.com did a 5-point summary for those with less time on their hands!
- The amazing gun deaths visualisation by Periscopic is here.
- Kim Rees appeared on the excellent PolicyViz podcast in episode 31.
- Kurt Vonnegut’s video about the shape of stories is here.
- Watch the full video of Ben Jones’ 7 data story types here (and a selection of other excellent stuff from Tapestry)
- Examples of vertical storytelling:
- How Hotel Quickly are telling stories in their business