Amy Alberts and I hope you enjoyed our talk at #data17 about eye-tracking and what it can teach you about building better dashboards.
This post is a list of links and resources we talked about in the talk:
- The dashboards we’ve used in the study come from my book, The Big Book of Dashboards. Go check it out if you want to see great examples of real-world dashboards you can apply to any scenario.
- We’ve published the results of our first study and they can be found at this article on Fast Company.
- What is psychophysics? That’s a great question. Amy certainly studied some cool stuff at college.
- Eye-tracking history:
- Here is an excellent article on the history of the technology from eyesee-research.
- Yarbus’Eye Movements and Vision is available to read in PDF format. I highly recommend reading about the technology: it reads like a torture manual!
- For an in-depth article on Yarbus‘ seminal research, check this out.
- What is the original F-pattern research? It’s here, from Jakob Nielsen and Don Norman.
- Michelle Borkin has been the recent leader in academice research. Here is her paper on Dataviz Recognition and Recall.